Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Kayla Gowdy's Internship in Washington, D.C.

Kayla Gowdy, a junior Political Science major, did an internship this summer in the Washington, D.C. office of Congressman Pat Tiberi (Ohio's 12th District). "My main task as an intern," she says, "was to be a constituent correspondent, and through my work I provided a channel for how constituents were able to pass on their concerns to the Congressman. Along with constituent work, I also assisted with the legislative staffers through my attendance at briefings and hearings and then reporting back to the appropriate staffer what was discussed. Being an intern on Capitol Hill during the summer also gave me the chance to attend the 'Summer Intern Lecture Series,' which gave me the opportunity to meet multiple influential leaders, including Kevin McCarthy and Paul Ryan, who provided advice for how to grow and survive in the political field."  All this "provided an incredible experience to see how the legislative branch truly functions."  The picture shows Kayla's networking skills in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment